Since 1998, our gutter installation and repair company has helped homeowners across Raleigh and the Greater Triangle to improve on their current gutter systems. Since no job is exactly the same, our team has faced numerous challenges to gutter repair that we have solved to the benefit of the homeowner.
Our professional gutter repair team will assess your situation to help you determine the best course of action for your home. Based on our evaluation, your home may be a prime candidate for repair, while others may require a more extensive solution such as replacement.
We offer a variety of solutions including gutter repair, wood rot repair, and full scale replacement to help you improve the value of your home and to help homeowners avoid additional problems due to water damage.
How to Identify Failing Gutters
- Noticeable leaks – broken seams or corners
- Eroding foundation – caused due to poor water diversion
- Rusty gutters – usually requires replacement
- Dents – caused by extreme weather, trees, ladders, etc.
- Sagging/Drooping gutters – will not drain correctly. Most sagging gutters are in good shape, and only need adjustments to repair the problem. If the gutters are pulling away from the fascia, then a replacement of brackets or rotten wood may be necessary
Reasons for Gutter Repair or Replacement
At Rain-Go Exteriors, we usually find homes with sectional gutters have the most issues with leaks. This is due to the nature of how a sectional gutter system is installed. Seams and corner miters are the weak points in this type of gutter and are usually the first place that repairs are needed.
Common Gutter Problems include:
- Durability – due to most gutter sections being about 10 feet long, there are vulnerabilities that reduce the lifespan of this type of gutter system. Over time, the sealant and hardware used during installation break down and cause leaks or clogs
- Poor maintenance – lack of maintenance and cleaning can lead to the build up of organic matter and asphalt from eroding shingles. This buildup causes clogs that prevent proper drainage. Once a gutter becomes clogged, it is only a matter of time before the weight of rainwater and decaying plant matter cause a seam to break or the gutter to sag and pull away from the fascia
- Water does not divert to downspouts – water that fails to divert to strategically placed downspouts can destroy concrete, erode the foundation and intrude into basement and crawl spaces, leading to mold, mildew and wood rot damage
- Deterioration/Rusting – holes in gutters, broken fasteners, etc.
- Poor initial installation – improperly installed gutters will require repair or replacement quickly compared to gutters installed correctly
Rain Gutter Repair and Replacement in Raleigh, NC
While we do offer high quality repairs to damaged gutter systems, the best way to prevent further damage is to invest in a professionally installed seamless gutters by Rain-Go Exteriors. Give our team a call 919-785-0700 or complete the online contact form to schedule your gutter repair or replacement consultation today!